[mythtv-users] Re: add skybox to my MythTV system

Ant Daniel antdaniel at gmail.com
Tue Aug 9 21:04:17 UTC 2005

On 8/9/05, David <myth at dgreaves.com> wrote:
> Neil Bird wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
> The channel change sends the digits. Then tries to 'erase' them by
> pressing 'backup'. Then it resends the digits and 'erases' them again.
> This ensures that if either set of channel-change digits doesn't quite
> make it they don't hang around for the first N seconds of the recording.

You can also 'erase' the digits by left or right arrow (haven't tryed
up or down) this works for me as I have the sky channel guide switched
off.

I might have a look at your channel change prog as it could be better
perfroming than my script.

I have a PVR 350 and can check the sky signal status by using ivtvctl
-I allows me to tell if the sky box is on or off, without trying to
constantly turn it on. (So if I do play with your prog I mght make
some changes regarding that).

Ant.