[mythtv-users] Max number of recordings - unexpected episode deletions

chris at cpr.homelinux.net chris at cpr.homelinux.net
Tue Aug 9 16:27:29 UTC 2005

On Tue, Aug 09, 2005 at 06:56:47AM -0400, Timothy G. Schaefer wrote:
> The real issue is with it set to "stop recording when at max recordings" it
> would occasionally record back to back episodes, go over the limit, then
> delete to get back within the limit. With it leaving them in the database
> as seen, it's going to make my goal of seeing all 600 episodes of cops hard

This is *also* within your control.  Navigate to "Utilities/Setup",
"Setup", "TV Settings", "General" and go to the third page.  Set the
check-box for "Re-record programs which have automagically expired".
It's too late for the stuff you've already lost, but there's another
menu page where you can erase the "already seen" records for episodes
manually.

I can understand why you're having problems finding these setup
options.  MythTV is great software but the menu system is is hopelessly
disorganized.  You should probably take some time to look everywhere in
the menus.  You'll not be able to remember where everything is, but at
least you'll know that options exist so you can search for them when
you need them.