[mythtv-users] OT: Comcast Chicago changing channel lineup, SCI-FI moving to digital only

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Tue Aug 9 16:43:43 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-08-09 at 11:15 -0500, Andrew Close wrote:

> hmm, i'll have to look at my bill.  i'm not gonna be happy if i have
> to upgrade packages to get my Stargate, Battlestar Galactica fix. :)

My cableco has been doing this.  They have "taken away" two channels on
analog and made them available on digital.  They also took CNN Headline
News but they claim that CNN has discontinued that channel.

As for the other two moves, I wholeheartedly believe that this is an
effort to force people into digital services.  I wouldn't be surprised
to lose a channel about every 6 months now until everyone is happy with
the 3 channels they will have left or moves to digital.

b.