[mythtv-users] Latest SVN pegs my CPU for 720p and 1080i

David Asher david.asher at caviumnetworks.com
Mon Aug 8 23:55:28 UTC 2005

Well, I upgraded my svn 6836 revision to svn HEAD (7004 as of this
afternoon), and lo-and-behold!  The CPU is actually LESS for 720p
(45-50% vs ~65%) and 1080i (75% vs 85%) than I was getting with 0.18.1!
Yay!

So, I think the problem was one of two things: 1) the database upgrade
done from 0.18.1 to 6995 left some cruft around, or 2) when I built
6995, I told it to optimize for my CPU, perhaps that caused a
performance degradation.

I'll probably rebuild optimized for i686 again and see if it slows down.

David.