[mythtv-users] burn-in. Should I be worried? - Dev Idea?

Gavin Haslett gavin at nodecaf.net
Mon Aug 8 23:41:47 UTC 2005

Pausing live TV isn't an issue anyways, is it? I was under the impression that the pausing would only continue until the ring-buffer looped... therefore at PVR-250 rates of about 1.2Gb per hour, over a 3Gb ring buffer I couldn't pause it more than about 2.5 hours... not enough time to burn a TV.

Oh, and in answer to your questions directly, I really don't like (2). I leave my Mythbox on TV overnight as I often start transcode schedules before I go to bed... this frees up my CPU cycles for transcoding and commflagging. I also tend to run mkmovie or nuvexport jobs for the same reason at night. Jumping to live TV would just eat up CPU cycles for no benefit.

Of course, I'm running a relatively slow Mythbox... YMMV.