[mythtv-users] Archiving Shows to DVD

Jim Reith reith at racores.com
Mon Aug 8 18:10:05 UTC 2005

At 01:56 PM 8/8/2005, you wrote:
> >>As far as I can tell, the cause of that error is having commercial
> >> cutting
> >>enabled.  I can't burn DVD's with the cutlist enabled, but DVDs work just
> >>fine if I disable the cutlist stuff.  It produces really slick looking
> >>DVDs too.  I just wish I could get the cutlist stuff to work.
> >
> > How  do I go about disabling that so I can try it? My understanding is
> > that
> > it causes errors in the audio sync as well. I assume it's literally just a
> > list of detected sync points and the original recording is there in total
> > otherwise the DVD writing wouldn't care if they were missing on the file.
> > can see it set to Yes in MythWeb but There doesn't seem to be any way to
> > unset it
>
>When you go to burn the DVD, there's a checkbox to select the show,

yes, before you go to the bottom and click the button to select and continue

>and if
>you've built a cutlist, there's a checkbox for "Use Cutlist" which is
>checked by default.  Uncheck it, and you should be sailing.

What i remember from the UI I saw was a "Yes" in the column and no
checkbox. And I even think I tried to click the yes and it wasn't a link.
I'm doing this from a remote machine. I have considered cutting and pasting
the command line and changing the Yes to No. I wonder why the checkboxes
are missing on the version I chose. I just loaded it  from the recent
pointer in the how to... Have to check again tonight or tomorrow morning
when I'm home. I'll live with the commercials if I can get the programs burnt