[mythtv-users] Archiving Shows to DVD

Jim Reith reith at racores.com
Mon Aug 8 16:28:03 UTC 2005

At 12:05 PM 8/8/2005, you wrote:

> > I managed to get the button to show but when I run it it complains
> > during the framegrabbing that it can't get frame 6. I've seen
> > reference to that but no solutions
>
>As far as I can tell, the cause of that error is having commercial cutting
>enabled.  I can't burn DVD's with the cutlist enabled, but DVDs work just
>fine if I disable the cutlist stuff.  It produces really slick looking
>DVDs too.  I just wish I could get the cutlist stuff to work.

How  do I go about disabling that so I can try it? My understanding is that
it causes errors in the audio sync as well. I assume it's literally just a
list of detected sync points and the original recording is there in total
otherwise the DVD writing wouldn't care if they were missing on the file. i
can see it set to Yes in MythWeb but There doesn't seem to be any way to
unset it