[mythtv-users] How to make a screenshot of Live TV?

Greg Estabrooks greg at phaze.org
Mon Aug 8 14:22:25 UTC 2005

> My subject should be self-explanatory, but what I want to know is how to
> make a screenshot (of MythTV running) Live TV, especially when the OSD
> is active. Thanks a lot,

 Unforuntately you can't take a snapshot of video being sent to the screen
via xv, so what you need to do is start mythfrontend and tell it to only use
X11 for video output.   Very slow but it would allow you to take a screenshot.

 You can do this by setting the NO_XV environment variable like so

NO_XV=1  mythfrontend

 or

export NO_XV=1
mythfrontend