[mythtv-users] PVR 350, closed captioning, commercial detection

Scot L. Harris webid at cfl.rr.com
Mon Aug 8 12:57:28 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-08-08 at 01:05, Jesse D. Guardiani wrote:

> Also, what about commercial detection? Is that supposed to work with
> PVR-x50's, or not? If it is, then I'd love to figure out what I need
> to change to make it work on my system.

Commercial detection works just fine with my box which has a PVR-350 and
a PVR-250 in it.

Commercial detection AFAIK only works on recorded shows.  A commercial
flagging process is run after a show completes recording.  Once the
process is done you can watch the show and set it to auto skip.  This
works fairly well in my setup.

If you are trying to skip commercials in live tv as far as I know that
is not currently part of mythtv.