[mythtv-users] PVR 350, closed captioning, commercial detection

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Aug 8 04:16:47 UTC 2005

Jesse D. Guardiani wrote:

>It took me literally a week of my off time, but I've finally got
>most of the components of mythtv running to my satisfaction:
>Home made IR Blaster, PVR 350, 250G disk array over NFS, updated
>knoppmyth ivtv drivers to 0.3.7b so I can watch DVDs on the 350's
>TV out, etc...
>
>LiveTV and playback are working great, but commercial detection
>and closed captioning don't work at all.
>
>Anyone encountered this before? Is it an ivtv driver issue, or
>a mythtv issue?

"Doesn't work" isn't very descriptive.  What does it do?  What doesn't
it do?

The only way "doesn't work" could allow someone to respond with a
sensible answer without guessing is if the functionality is not
supported in Myth.

Oh, BTW, closed-captioning is not supported with PVR-x50's in Myth. :)

Mike