[mythtv-users] Trouble with WinTV 401 Hauppage Card and LIRC (should be easy to answer)

Jason Mcmillon jmcmillon at gmail.com
Sun Aug 7 23:23:10 UTC 2005

I am trying to get my MythTV frontend remote working.  I have
installed FC3 using Jarod's guide, and am able to connect to my
backend wonderfully using my keyboard.  I have installed a Hauppauge
WinTV 401 into the machine in hopes of getting its IR receiver to play
with LIRC.  I have installed lirc and lirc-kmdl via apt-get install.

Now my biggest question is what do I put into my /etc/modprobe.conf ?

I have tried:
alias char-major-61 lirc_gpio

and
alias char-major-61 hauppauge

It's my understanding that Axel's RPM are packaged for the most
popular receivers.  Is mine not included?

I have even tried building lirc from source but I get the following errors:

$ ./setup.sh
which: no dialog in
(/usr/kerberos/bin:/usr/local/bin:/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin:/home/mythtv/bin)
dialog not found!

So, I am stuck.

Thanks in advance...