[mythtv-users] PVR 350, just static

Peter Osterberg peter at supergirl.se
Sun Aug 7 20:43:26 UTC 2005

Hi,

I'm trying to setup a box using Knoppmyth and a PVR350 card.

I get picture but just static.

I've tryied the following while having LiveTV running, run ivtvctl -R,
and run scantv in parallell.

When I just run ivtvctl -R it responds with saying that frequency is set
to 0 even though I've hard coded the channel number for two channels in
mythtv-setup. I stays at 0 whatever channel i switch to.

So I let it run while letting scantv perform a full scan. When I do this
I get variations in the static and sometimes I even get something that
could become a picture with some luck :-).

I've also tried to run mplayer /dev/video0 while performing a scan with
scantv with almost the same result. The static shows up a bit
differently but it almost becomes a picture at the same frequencies.

So I guess that I have got two issues. One, no clear picture, there
should be one since I get picture on a regular TV using the same antenna
cable. Two, MythTV keeps setting my card to frequency 0 whenever I
change channel. It does at least set my card to input from Tuner 0, I
can see that when I run ivtvctl -P.

Anyone? Please! :-)

Sincerely,
Peter Österberg