[mythtv-users] MythTV refuses to run SUID

Dave Hofstra dhofstra at gmail.com
Sun Aug 7 12:54:02 UTC 2005

I have also battled this problem in suse 9.3.  Many Fedora core people
have also complained about it.  The only solution I found was as root
type 'visudo'.  This is a special (error checking) instance of vi that
allows editing of the sudo file.  The following text helped me run
mythfrontend with realtime priority.

# User privilege specification
root    ALL=(ALL) ALL
lisadaveh       ALL = NOPASSWD: /usr/bin/mythfrontend

Hope that helps...

Dave Hofstra