[mythtv-users] Archiving Shows to DVD

Felix mythtv at ymhee-bcex.net
Sat Aug 6 22:21:05 UTC 2005

Dave Ansell wrote:

> Hi,
>      My Myth box seems to have achieved a high Child Acceptance Factor
> (WAF not quite so good!) but unfortunately my disk is now filling up
> rapidly with cartoon shows which need to be watched repeatedly and
> never deleted!
>
>      Is there a straightforward way to transfer shows to DVD in a
> sensible format for viewing on DVD players, etc.    My recordings are
> from DVB-T in TS format.  I have tried transcode, but it fails to run
> with the out-of-the box Myth settings (Myth 0.18.1 atrpms)
>

>   Any pointers much appreciated.   And by the way I am a complete
> newbie when it comes to DVD authoring.!
>
> cheers,
> Dave

I tried three options and all three failed in one way or another :-( .
I'll try to describe them here, and if somebody notices some glarious
goofs (or not so glarious) - I would greatly appreciate the feedback. I
am fairly new to DVD authoring, and to MythTV, and I *have* to burn the
shows on DVD for my reputation to survive...

1. mythburn. I got quite far with this... I downloaded from sourceforge
<http://sourceforge.net/projects/mythburn/>
(http://sourceforge.net/projects/mythburn/), tinkered with install.sh
(changed directories and user/group names) and successfully ran it:
MythWeb is installed at /var/www/html/mythweb
Installing DVD Menu option into MythWeb
However, there is no DVD menu option - there are *no* options under
MythWeb. I restarted backend, just in case - is there any last steps to
configure mythweb to enable this option?

2. nuvexport - I got RPM from here
<http://forevermore.net/files/nuvexport/>
(http://forevermore.net/files/nuvexport/). It requires LVE library which
I got from sourceforge. But LVE doesn't compile

3. Instructions from mythtv docs
<http://mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-22.html#ss22.20>
(http://mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-22.html#ss22.20): Step 2 says Run
*avidemux2* and open the .nuv file which corresponds with the program
you wish to burn to DVD.
when I do that, avidemux2 tells me that "This looks like mpeg. Do you
want to index it?". Sure... When I click on "Scan file for audio
stream", it finds Mpeg audio 0: 2 channels, 384 kbps shift 66s. So,
indexing goes for couple minutes, and then it tells "Beware: No valid
audio codec found! Save(A+V) will generate bad AVI. Save audio will
work". Not only that, but the picture becomes square (say, 4x4 instead
of 4x3) and all objects deformed.

Any ideas? Please!
Felix