[mythtv-users] Having TV output problem, Pundit

Michael.S.G. MythTV at BDen.org
Sat Aug 6 20:12:20 UTC 2005

Hi Jeff,

System sounds fine. (Perhaps drop another 512mb in there).

TV out might be a video card issue. Tried another video card? (Reason
below).

CDDB... MythMusic crashes the frontend for me, So can't help you there.

BAD VIDEO???
I recently purchased a gigabyte (oem) FX5200ds card for my mythbox.

Instantly I noticed the lower quality TV out. (Compared to the previous
440ti card)
(Ghosting lines, Fuzzy, Tilted and wobbly output)

And F*ck did the card run HOT. (Thought mabie a bad card, Swaped for new
- But SAME!)

I also run Nv FX5200de cards (Boxed version) in two other boxes. Same
chip but these cards
are designed (imho) much better. Bigger card, Better design. Much better
running temp.

So I bought a FX5500de for the MythBox. (No 5200de models left).
Needless to say, It's staying in there.

TV Out is crystal clear in comparison to the cheaper "ds" card.
There is almost no wobble. (On the edges of the screen)
The screen is straight. And tv image fill's up much more screen.
Blue lines (Fixed) around LiveTV etc are much smaller!

ATB
Michael.