[mythtv-users] TV lasts 1 second then dies

James Colannino james at colannino.org
Sat Aug 6 19:09:55 UTC 2005

Mark Knecht wrote:

>On 8/6/05, James Colannino <james at colannino.org> wrote:
>

>>Hey everyone.  I've been googling around trying to find a solution to
>>this, but haven't found one yet :(  I did find one thread where someone
>>had the same problem
>>(http://mysettopbox.tv/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=30704&) but nobody found a
>>solution.  Basically, I can view TV for about half a second or so,
>>afterwhich the image freezes, mythfrontend doesn't respond for about
>>10-20 seconds, and finally I'm dropped back to the Watch TV menu entry.
>>I ran mythfrontend in a console and got the following errors:
>>

><SNIP>
>

>>It says that us-bcast (the name of my video source) isn't attached to
>>the input on the card, but it is (I attached it to Tuner 0).  Does
>>anyone have any ideas?  Has anyone else had a similiar problem, and even
>>better, has anyone solved it?  Thanks very much everyone :)
>>
>>James
>>

>Hi,
>   I had this same problem recently. I wish I was better at keeping
>notes, but I believe it was some sort of ivtv problem in my case. I
>run Gentoo, so I reinstalled the version in Portage (0.2.0 at the time
>I think) and then installed a newer ivtv over the top. I currently run
>0.3.7. At that point, for some reason my back end machine won't warm
>boot ivtv correctly, so I shut down and did a cold reboot. From there
>on it worked for me.
>
>   This may be Gentoo specific for all I know.

Well actually I'm using Gentoo too :)  I'm using a manually compiled
ivtv driver (0.3.7a) and it works just fine when I cat /dev/video0, but
still doesn't work with myth :( I should mention that I'm using a
PVR-350.  I've tried disabling hardware decoding, playing with
deinterlacing, and all sorts of other stuff, but I just can't get it to
work :(

James

--
My blog: http://www.crazydrclaw.com/
My homepage: http://james.colannino.org/

"You can only find truth with logic if you have already found truth without it." --G. K. Chesterton