[mythtv-users] Operating System of choice ?

mythtv at sci.fi mythtv at sci.fi
Sat Aug 6 01:31:21 UTC 2005

Kinda related to the topic, has anyone had any experience running any OS
(FC4 for instance, but should be the same with others as well), with a
MoBo that has integrated gfx ? In theory DVI-D should be the same
regardless whether it's coming from the MoBo or GFX card, so how's it
work in practice ? Is there some advantage/reason to use a gfx card ?

What I'm thinking here is quite simple, is there performance and more
importantly quality differences when comparing a gfx card and MoBo
integrated gfx, assuming both use DVI-D, since IMO both the integrated
and gfx card should give out the exactly same DVI-D output, where as in
analog the D/A conversion might have differences between cards and
integrated.

My idea is to build the system using a backend on server and frontend on
a "hifi" desktop pc, so I'd like as stuff in the desktop machine as
possible. Also anybody have experience of using that kind of "terminal"
as frontend.