[mythtv-users] # of independent suggestion projects?

Matt Waddell list at there.ath.cx
Fri Aug 5 18:52:45 UTC 2005

Nick Rout wrote:

>You might want to look at this:
>
>http://www.nexusuk.org/projects/mythtv/mythbayes/

Ouch!... Luckily code is cheap right?
Thank you nick.

No matter though, the framework is the important bit of
my project.  I think you (the) user should be able to select
which algorithm(s) you want used when making suggestion.
And if someone happens to writes up a clever new way of
making a suggestion (i.e. collaborative k-th nearest neighbor
MythSuggestion right?), they would simply write a new module and
stick it in a directory and let the 'suggestionbot' do the magic.

Further the project has a trainer to get user preferences...
although sadly right now it resorts to asking the user to
create a fairly inaccurate training set.  But the next major
revision will use user ratings, and spit out a more
representative training set.  After that a quick modification
to the scheduler will schedule suggestions during periods
of inactivity.

I have already modified the frontend slightly to view your
suggestions, and sort them by probability, movies, series,
and something else that I can't remember.  The program
guide will also be modified to display shows that are
suggested with some recognizable icon.

Anyway, those of us who have similar projects should start
hacking on the same project...  I would join another
project if it has the same goals and is further along.

Lemme know If:
    A) I'm a moron and this information is easily available
         aside from the two-year-old thread on gossamer.
    B) You agree, and want to team up in some way.
    C) A or B

Later,
    _Matt