[mythtv-users] Nova-T DVB card on FC4

Jo Shields directhex at apebox.org
Fri Aug 5 11:55:01 UTC 2005

Juuso H wrote:

>Hi
>
>I can't get it working. :(
>
>What EXACTLY do I need to have in my modprobe.conf to load everything necessary? It's so frustrating to fish bits and pieces around the Internet.
>
>I can load cx88-dvb manually and it will show up in lsmod. And the card seems to be recognized OK with lspci. But still it does not work.
>--
>00:0a.0 Multimedia video controller: Conexant CX23880/1/2/3 PCI Video and Audio Decoder (rev 05)
>00:0a.2 Multimedia controller: Conexant CX23880/1/2/3 PCI Video and Audio Decoder [MPEG Port] (rev 05)
>00:0a.4 Multimedia controller: Conexant: Unknown device 8804 (rev 05)
>--
>
>Additionally mythtvsetup says "permission denied" for /dev/video0 for a normal user, but for root it is recognized (still can't tune). tvtime only shows a blank screen.
>
>Kernel: 2.6.11-1.1369_FC4
>The Nova-T is the newer model with 90002 cx88.
>
>Please please help! Thanks in advance!

I can't comment with regard to FC4, but on my Debian systems, the
cx88xx.ko module is a neccessity (hotplug loads this for me). Device
nodes are created in /dev/dvb/adapterX.

Try some of the tzap-related tasks in
http://www.ethics-gradient.net/myth/mythdvb.html to see if you can tune
independantly of Myth - I don't know whether tvtime supports DVB.

--Jo Shields