[mythtv-users] Scientific Atlanta 3250 HD STB

Jon Kunze jon99ut at gmail.com
Thu Aug 4 20:05:16 UTC 2005

I currently have an SA 3250 STB and just recently got a linux compatible
firewire card for capture. I'm curious if anyone could tell me where the
Firewire port is on their STB. The only thing I have even close to it is on
the front of my box, and it looks more like a USB port. I just got off the
phone with Time Warner after about 30 minutes of them continually telling me
my box had a firewire port, and that it was a USB-Firewire connection on the
front of the box, and then I finally gave up on this poor unintelligent
soul. I'm assuming the firewire port should be on the back of the cable box
along with all the other input and output connectors. Any assistance anyone
could give would be helpful, as I'd really like to get this up and running,
especially if anyone knows of a schematic on the net that shows the various
ports on the SA 3250. Thanks in advance.