[mythtv-users] [OT] Xbox Frontend/Xebian 1.1/Alsa

chris at cpr.homelinux.net chris at cpr.homelinux.net
Thu Aug 4 18:34:53 UTC 2005

On Wed, Aug 03, 2005 at 08:22:11PM -0400, Dave wrote:
> 	Does anyone have Myth .18 running on Xebian 1.1?  If so, can you
> please post your alsa related settings? (MixerControl, MixerDevice)

I don't know if my Xebian is 1.1 or not.  What I did was I installed
Xebian from an ISO that I downloaded about a month ago.  Then I added
the apt sources to get MythTV .18.1 from the usual places.  I had to
also add sources for the Debian/unstable collection in order to satisfy
dependencies.  Rather than doing a dist-upgrade (which would have
replaced almost every package on the box) I used apt-get to manually
install Myth and the minimum number of required prerequisites.  After
that, the unstable dist can be commented out of the sources file.

I didn't have to do anything to get sound working.  It just did.  The
volume control in Myth doesn't work, but I get sound.