[mythtv-users] How to compile commercial_cut

Mercury Morris mercury.morris at gmail.com
Thu Aug 4 18:25:32 UTC 2005

Trying to compile commercial_cut, version 0.5, the make command
ends immediately with the following:

[mythtv at kasson commercial_cut-0.5]$ make
cc -std=gnu99 -o commercial_cut \
  -lmysqlclient -lz -lcrypt -lnsl -lm -lssl -lcrypto \
  -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 commercial_cut.c
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lmysqlclient
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [commercial_cut] Error 1
[mythtv at kasson commercial_cut-0.5]$ which cc

The system is AMD64, running Fedora Core 3, with MythTV
compiled from CVS.  All the lib's listed above seem to be
present, so I'm lost wondering what the problem is.

I did some searching of the mythtv archive, but didn't find
anything useful, yet, so I'm asking for help.

I'll mention the ultimate goal here:  I want to capture part
of a recorded program, and make that part a separate
file that I can play over and over again.  It's the
Bettye Lavette song from Letterman, "Little Sparrow".

Maybe commercial_cut isn't the best tool to accomplish
the ultimate goal, but I have no experience, -none-,
trying to edit recorded programs, and commercial_cut
looks like it might work.

Thanks for any help, suggestions, or advice.

--
MM