[mythtv-users] tv_grab_au which script?

David Collett david.collett at gmail.com
Thu Aug 4 13:01:25 UTC 2005

> On Thu, 4 Aug 2005 09:45 pm, Matthew Phillips wrote:
> > On 04/08/2005, at 1:23 PM, David Whyte wrote:
> > > I agree with Matt.  It would be better to have a single consolidated
> > > script which services all states etc.  If the state is not serviced in
> > > the script, someone add it to the script then recommit.
> >
> > I'd vote to submit the "Michael Smith" grabber to the XMLTV project.
>
> I second this.

Me too, if this did make it upstream and subsequently into xmltv debs
and rpms, that would be ideal for new users. It would be worth trying
to submit it I guess.

Having said that, an upstream version, if accepted, could go stale
very quickly if ninemsn makes changes like this regularly. Does anyone
know if all the other tv_grab_* scripts are html-scraping hacks of
dubious legallity like this one???

I'd still prefer a nice python version, but having *something*
upstream would be better than the current situation.

Dave