[mythtv-users] Tuning Issues

Marty Ravell mythtv at rave-tech.com.au
Thu Aug 4 00:39:53 UTC 2005

OK, I'll work on getting mythfilldatabase working properly.

I cannot help but think that using ptune-ui and mplayer would be completely
independent of what is in the MythTV database though.

Am I not correct in thinking that the ptune-ui script should be setting the
channel on the tuner? I choose PAL and the Australia frequency table in
ptune-ui. Is that not enough?

I'm not talking about even running mythfrontend yet but rather doing the
testing steps as outlined in Jarod's guide:

"

# /usr/lib/ivtv/ptune-ui.pl &
# mplayer -vo xv /dev/video0

Use the ptune UI to change channels, frequency tables, TV standard, etc., as
necessary, until you find a working channel. .....................

"

Regards
Marty