[mythtv-users] Location of recordings for multiple backends

Moasat mythtv at moasat.dyndns.org
Thu Aug 4 00:03:57 UTC 2005

I have a master backend and one slave backend.  The slave is diskless (don't
know why, just seemed like a good iea at the time).  Its nfs share actually
exists on the master backend.

This may seem like a dumb question but I'm not sure of the best way this
should be handled because I'm not sure how backends actually talk to each
other or how the front ends talk to slave backends (if at all).

The master has a separate volume mounted on /video.

If the master has its recordings stored in /video/recordings (and ring
buffers in /video/buffers), then should the slave also map /video/recordings
and store its recordings there?  Because when I do this, the slave complains
about an existing nfslockfile.lock that it can't remove.

Based on this, I assume I should have the slave store its recordings in a
different location.

Now, the slave is not destined to be on all the time, but when something is
recorded on the slave, the master won't be able to get to it unless the
slave is actually on and running.  Is there a way to move the file into the
recordings folder of the master and have the master recognize this fact?  Or
is this automatic?  I'm really confused about how all of this should work
and could use some direction.

Thanks.