[mythtv-users] Disable screen blanking

Darren Coleman daz at superficial.net
Wed Aug 3 20:35:38 UTC 2005

I'd like to know the answer to this too.

I have a script which starts mythfrontend after doing "xset s off" and "xset
-dpms off" etc and despite this the screensaver always kicks in, even on
"Blank Screen Only".  If I move the mouse or presses a key it asks me to
enter a password.

In my case, I log in as a regular user and run mythfrontend and mythbackend
as root (don't ask).  Could this cause a problem?

Daz