[mythtv-users] Cleaning up the recorded programs db

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Wed Aug 3 20:17:53 UTC 2005

Reza wrote:
> I just perminantly disconnected one of my slave boxes from my master
> backend. I had it configured so that the slave would keep its recordings
> on its local hd. So now that its gone, I have a bunch of recorded

Well, this sounds scary so I won't ask...

> programs in my db which no longer exist. I have about 650 recordings, so
> going thru everything and deleting out the missing ones is not an

Before doing anything destructive, backup your DB in it's current
state http://www.mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-22.html#ss22.5 .

$ mysql -u mythtv -pmythtv mythconverg
mysql> select starttime,title from recorded where hostname='slavehost';

to see if it matched the right stuff. If you had moved the recorded
files from the slave to the master before this "perminantly disconnected"
event, you could:

mysql> update recorded set hostname='masterhost' where hostname='slavehost';

but if the recorded files are actually gone then:

mysql> delete from recorded where hostname='slavehost';

--  bjm