[mythtv-users] OT- prblems getting ATI control panel working on 64 bit debian

Marius Schrecker masch at tiscali.no
Wed Aug 3 19:55:41 UTC 2005

Hi,

Off-topic, but as this is the first step on my MythBox to be I'm posting
it here.

Installed debian sid, and ran the ATI installer to get fglrx installed for
my x300 pci-e card.

Kernel module loaded and working and X fires up ok.

BUT:

# /usr/X11R6/bin/./fireglcontrolpanel
/usr/X11R6/bin/./fireglcontrolpanel: error while loading shared libraries:
libexpat.so shared
object file: No such file or directory

So, I think the library must be in the wrong place and ld.so.conf isn't
pointing there.

Wrong! Here's the interesting bit:

# cat /etc/ld.so.conf
/usr/X11R6/lib64
/usr/X11R6/lib
/emul/ia32-linux/lib
/emul/ia32-linux/usr/lib
/emul/ia32-linux/usr/X11R6/lib

# ldd /usr/X11R6/bin/fireglcontrolpanel |grep libexpat
        libexpat.so.0 => not found
        libexpat.so.1 => /emul/ia32-linux/usr/lib/libexpat.so.1 (0x55a30000)

ls /emul/ia32-linux/usr/lib/libexpat*
/emul/ia32-linux/usr/lib/libexpat.so.0 /emul/ia32-linux/usr/lib/libexpat.so.1.0.0
/emul/ia32-linux/usr/lib/libexpat.so.1

The real file is libexpat.so.1.0.0 with ~so.1 being linked to it and ~so.0
being linked to ~so.1

I've tried changing the links so both links point to the file. The libraries
are also in /usr/lib, and I've tried adding this to ld.so.conf and running
ldconfig.

Any suggestions? Something to do with the 32/64 bit environment?

Cheers

Marius
Registered Linux user