[mythtv-users] LIRC problem in Mythdvd/Mythvideo (lircd sends twice)

Mark Schuren schuren at ultra.de
Wed Aug 3 17:55:04 UTC 2005

ok, here is how i solved the issue:

 - start mythfrontend
 - navigate to setup -> setup -> general (after switching myth to english)
 - on page 4 of the general settings, the config entry is called
   "keypress application" in the english version.
    note: in german localization this entry is simply called "LIRC script",
    this was bugging me... i should have read the help text more closely...
    i admit that the help text clearly describes what this config entry
    is meant for - it is NOT meant to point it to a .lircrc file, which
    by the way isn't even executable...
 - i have reset this entry to a blank value now (no script/application)
   on both of my boxes, and i am done now.

however, a restart of mythfrontend was necessary afterwards to have this
setting in effect, and after that no lirc events were doubled anymore :-)

thanks for your help!

this list is as good and useful as mythtv itself, thanks to all the myth
devels and list supporters out there, good job!