[mythtv-users] firewire port on Scientific Atlantic

Bryan Ware mythtv at hb-computers.com
Wed Aug 3 11:55:18 UTC 2005

Ok,
    I have been searching endlessly with no luck. I have a Comcast digital
cable box with DVR (Scientific Atlantic 8000HD), which does have a firewire
port on it. I was wondering if anyone has had any success getting
communication to work though the firewire port on this settop box?

Another question, if I can get a hold of a settop box that I can get the
firewire port to work, is that used strictly for channel changes or can you
get the content down the firewire also?

Thanks in advance,
Bryan