[mythtv-users] mythtv debian/sarge

Brian May bam at snoopy.apana.org.au
Wed Aug 3 09:17:04 UTC 2005

    George> Those are the best debian packages around so I would try
    George> to adapt them to your setup. It's easy enough to build the
    George> source packages if you need them tailored to your machine
    George> and if you're handy you can even get the source packages
    George> to build current svn. My build logs show debian/rules
    George> running configure with CC=gcc-3.4 CXX=g++-3.4 LINK=g++-3.4
    George> so it doesn't look like gcc-4.0 is in the picture.

I wouldn't expect it to be too hard (compared with some packages I
have recently recompiled recently, eg. openoffice.org2...).

I suspect that problem isn't so much that it was compiled with
gcc-4.0, but it was linked against libraries that come supplied with
the Debian gcc-4.0 source package. As such, I think it should just
recompile as is with no hassles.

I just didn't want to reinvent the wheel if somebody else had already
done it...
--
Brian May <bam at snoopy.apana.org.au>