[mythtv-users] RealMagic XCard support?

ziphnor na ziphnor at gmail.com
Tue Aug 2 12:47:57 UTC 2005

Hi,

In the interest of getting optimal TV-Out quality on my PAL TV with
SCART RGB inputs, i have been looking for a card that outputs RGB and
can be connected to the SCART on my TV.

One choice would be the Hauppage PVR-350's TV-Out which in europe can
output SCART RGB(at least their sales department says so, and it is
sold with a scart adapter). However, reading about the limitations
when it comes to non-MPEG-2 content has scared me of a bit, anyway its
quite expensive.

Another choice is the RealMagic XCard, which sounds really excellent
and which also can provide SCART RGB output. However im unsure about
whether this card has any support in MythTV?

Ive tried to search the archive of this mailing list, but the only
mention ive had of it was back in 2003, and i thought maybe it was
supported now, especially since i read this:
http://www.linuxdevices.com/news/NS2908266459.html (the xcard is also
based on the EM8475 chip).

I would also be interested in any alternative video cards that would
allow me to get RGB output over SCART without soldering cables myself.

Thanks for reading this, hope my questions arent to stupid :)