[mythtv-users] tv_grab_au script from this list. Anyone elsehadproblems today?

Matthew Phillips mythtv at mattp.name
Tue Aug 2 12:36:07 UTC 2005

On 02/08/2005, at 9:12 PM, David Collett wrote:

> Hi,
> To all of those who have never actually tried the MSN grabber. It
> really is great. Very complete, consistent and reliable. The data
> comes from HWW who also supply to most other online tv guides (yahoo,
> seven, yourtv, etc). It is therefore essentially the definitive source
> of oz guide data. It doesnt get any better than that.

Seconded. The MSN data is top notch and worth the occasional pain.
The grabber script is also fairly well-written, although a few more
sanity checks to better detect failures due to site changes would be
good.

That said, if IceTV could guarantee this level of quality and reduce
price just a little, I'd probably switch just to avoid the occasional
evening perl debugging session and possibility of NineMSN declaring
war on mythtv :/

Matt.