[mythtv-users] Black and White

Ant Daniel antdaniel at gmail.com
Mon Aug 1 12:13:44 UTC 2005

On 8/1/05, Cory Papenfuss <papenfuss at juneau.me.vt.edu> wrote:
> > I can tell the difference between an SVideo cable and composite.
>
>         I didn't mean to be condescending... just that the 2. point didn't
> seem to make sense.
>

> > The pins are not bent at either end of the SVideo cable.
> >
>         OK... I just threw that out there because lots of folks have been
> screwed by it.
>
> > Am I correct in thinking that the PVR-350 outputs both Composite and SVideo
> > at the same time (on their respective output plugs) and that there are no
> > settings (modprobe etc) which need to be correct for both to work?
> >

>         I know nothing about the particulars of the pvr-350.  I'll defer
> to less ignorant folks on this.
>
> -Cory

> * Cory Papenfuss                                                        *
> * Electrical Engineering candidate Ph.D. graduate student               *
> * Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University                   *

I think you need to setup with the mythsetup.

I don't remember excalty how but it's linked to the ivtvctl system.

I'd suggest that you find your correct colour output using the dd
command, and then work within the setup program to select the correct
output.

To work it out using ivtvctl:

Check what outputs you have and which one is in use.
[mythtv at olympus ~]$ ivtvctl -N
ioctl: VIDIOC_ENUMOUTPUT
        Output  : 0
        Name    : S-Video + Composite
        Type    : 0x00000002
        Audioset: 0x00000001
        Standard: 0x00000000007F3FFF ( PAL NTSC SECAM )

        Output  : 1
        Name    : Composite
        Type    : 0x00000002
        Audioset: 0x00000001
        Standard: 0x00000000007F3FFF ( PAL NTSC SECAM )

        Output  : 2
        Name    : S-Video
        Type    : 0x00000002
        Audioset: 0x00000001
        Standard: 0x00000000007F3FFF ( PAL NTSC SECAM )

        Output  : 3
        Name    : RGB
        Type    : 0x00000002
        Audioset: 0x00000001
        Standard: 0x00000000007F3FFF ( PAL NTSC SECAM )

        Output  : 4
        Name    : YUV C
        Type    : 0x00000002
        Audioset: 0x00000001
        Standard: 0x00000000007F3FFF ( PAL NTSC SECAM )

        Output  : 5
        Name    : YUV V
        Type    : 0x00000002
        Audioset: 0x00000001
        Standard: 0x00000000007F3FFF ( PAL NTSC SECAM )
[mythtv at olympus ~]$

[mythtv at olympus ~]$ ivtvctl -L
ioctl VIDIOC_G_OUTPUT ok
Output = 0

Then try the various outputs (I'd only really suggest using the first
3) (the -l is lowercase L)
ivtvctl -l 0
ivtvctl -l 1
ivtvctl -l 2

Again, don't test the output using myth as (from memory) it sets the
output dependant upon it's setup, so instead use the dd command.

Hope this helps,
Ant.