[mythtv-users] TV/out Connection - is 640x480 the max?

cythrault at gmail.com cythrault at gmail.com
Sat Apr 30 02:58:26 UTC 2005

On 4/29/05, cythrault at gmail.com <cythrault at gmail.com> wrote:
> Idem for Matrox cards… Under Winblows, I've yet to see a clearer
> picture. Under Linux, forget support (In fact, forget support for home
> users from Matrox under any OSes.) The best I could achieve using
> Shaun Jackman's matrox-tvout
> (http://freshmeat.net/projects/matrox-tvout/) did not permit any kind
> of video acceleration. Tho, I believe he stop developing it. :(

Searching the archive -- like someone should do before posting invalid
information – revealed that he continued hacking on it. He may have
some more interesting development.

Also, while I was not able to make it work like I wanted, some did
with acceptable results but with some limitation concerning cpu usage
and pci issues.

Mea culpa on misinformation.

In any case, I need an HOWTO on this, obviously. :)

--
cyth