[mythtv-users] WAF Achieves a Positive Value !\

Greg Estabrooks greg at phaze.org
Fri Apr 29 22:28:54 UTC 2005

> i know it supports mpeg1/2 but not mpeg4.
> mpeg4 -- is it not possible because of hardware issues or software issues ? I went to
> the source forge site but couldn't find any explanation why the mpeg4 is not supported.

 It doesn't support it because the hardware doesn't have a built in mpeg4
decoder and the cpu isn't fast enough to decode it by itself.  The windows
based software does it by transcoding it on the server and serving up mpeg2
to the device.

 There has been talk by several people of working on a transcoding server
that could convert a divx/xvid on the fly and feed mpeg2 to the mvp, bu so far
noone has done it.