[mythtv-users] How to Cancel a running Job

Mercury Morris mercury.morris at gmail.com
Fri Apr 29 19:44:44 UTC 2005

On 4/29/05, Chris Pinkham <cpinkham at bc2va.org> wrote:

> >From the Watch Recordings screen on the INFO popup menu, there is a
> Job Options button that will take you to another menu that allows you
> to schedule all the JobQueue jobs (both the built-in transcoding
> and commercial flagging as well as the 4 User-defined jobs if you
> have any of those configured).

OK, I remember seeing that now, in Watch Recordings.  I didn't
look there this time, I was pressed for time during the last hour.

> > About gdb, sorry - I am not familiar with it.  But still, I am willing
> > to try to help if there is some Help For gdb available.  Also, you
> > can have a copy of the show, if there is no other way to find out
> > what is happening.
>
> Thanks.  If you use pre-packaged Myth, it might be easier to just get
> a copy of the file if the problem persists.  You'd have to recompile
> Myth in order to get useful debugging if you're running a precompiled
> version right now.

I compiled from the source, downloaded from CVS.  But unless the
default settings included debug support, I will have to re-compile with
the settings you recommend that will be most helpful to you.

I am completely willing to re-compile, especially since I haven't got
a clue as to how to send a 1.7Gigabyte file (1 hour Montel Williams).

First thing tho - I will re-queue the mythcommflag job, to see if it
will again run for hours without ever reporting any "percentage-progress".

--
MM