[mythtv-users] How to Cancel a running Job

Robert Tsai rtsai1111 at comcast.net
Fri Apr 29 19:01:28 UTC 2005

On Fri, Apr 29, 2005 at 02:41:19PM -0400, Chris Pinkham wrote:
> > What is a safe or preferred way to cancel a running Job ?
> >
> > A mythcommflag job has been running for several hours
>
> > I tried the sequence: Information Center->SystemStatus-> Job Queue
> > and then selected the running job and pressed ENTER. A menu popped
> > up with Pause, Stop, No Change for choices.
>
> If Stop didn't work, then maybe there is something wrong unless it's
> an extremely long recording.  It is safe to kill the mythcommflag
> process.   The JobQueue will think the program ended and will say
> "Finished, 0 break(s) found" or something similar, and will not
> restart the job.

Another option that usually works for me is to go to the "Watch
Recordings" screen, select the show, press right-arrow, "Job Options",
and "Stop Commercial Flagging" (or "Stop Transcoding", as the case may
be).

If using 'kill' on mythcommflag or mythtranscode, can they pick up
where they left off, or do they have to start over from the beginning?

--Rob