[mythtv-users] How to Cancel a running Job

Mercury Morris mercury.morris at gmail.com
Fri Apr 29 18:55:40 UTC 2005

On 4/29/05, Chris Pinkham <cpinkham at bc2va.org> wrote:
> > What is a safe or preferred way to cancel a running Job ?
> >
> > A mythcommflag job has been running for several hours
>
> > I tried the sequence: Information Center->SystemStatus->
> > Job Queue and then selected the running job and pressed ENTER.
> > A menu popped up with Pause, Stop, No Change for choices.
>
> If Stop didn't work, then maybe there is something wrong unless
> it's an extremely long recording.  It is safe to kill the
> mythcommflag process.   The JobQueue will think the program
> ended and will say "Finished, 0 break(s) found" or something
> similar, and will not restart the job.

Thanks for the reply.  I will use the kill command and see what
happens.  There are several additional jobs in the queue that
will presumably start when the kill command is issued.

I will not delete the show.  And, I will requeue the flagging job,
or at least I will TRY to requeue it.  I have never requeued a job,
so I will have to poke thru the menus to find out how to do that.

About gdb, sorry - I am not familiar with it.  But still, I am willing
to try to help if there is some Help For gdb available.  Also, you
can have a copy of the show, if there is no other way to find out
what is happening.

--
MM