[mythtv-users] Wireless to HD Frontend

Byron Poland wpoland at gmail.com
Thu Apr 28 18:27:27 UTC 2005

Hi,

I'm curious is anyone is using wireless (assume 802.11g) to connect a
HD capable front end to a backend.

Basically I have a Dell Inspiron 8500 with a nice widesreen, which
should be plenty capable of playing HD content, especially with xvmc
working.  I have myth installed on the machine so I can use my Plextor
TV402 box when I travel, since I travel pretty lengthy periods.  But
when I'm home I'd like to use my box as a frontend to my HD Backent.
While I can drop a wire to pretty much any room in my house, I'd
perfer the convienence of a wireless connection.

What kind of bandwidth is required for HD?  is 802.11g wide enough,
and if not does anyone know if the "Super G" or "Pre-N" wireless AP's
and Cards work with their advertised speeds under linux?