[mythtv-users] VGA to Component adaptors

Julian Edwards myth at julian-edwards.com
Thu Apr 28 17:36:05 UTC 2005

Jeff Wormsley wrote:

> Julian Edwards wrote:
>
>> I completely concur.  I've got the Key Digital converter and the
>> (Panasonic) TV displays a fantastic picture but flashes its input
>

> Let me guess... Samsung rear projection?

No - Panasonic!  Read above again :)

> Jarod's sample doesn't do that much on mine (it will pop up in the gap
> between the menu and live TV), but is horribly overscanned.  I've
> gotten a few less overscanned modelines to work, but with that horrid
> "COMPONENT 2" thing flashing everywhere.  I did figure out how to get
> rid of it, though, on my FX5200 card.  Use nvidiasettings to bump the
> brightness up above about .2, then turn the brightness down on the
> set.  I'm sure that loses a bit of the range, but the "COMPONENT 2"
> thing quits flashing up, even on an all black screen.  I never did
> figure out how to make the settings restore on boot.  For some reason,
> I had to reset it every time I rebooted.

I'm getting deja vu - I think we've discussed this before :)

I'm pretty sure that the flashing thing is caused by the Panasonic's
interpretation of the sync signals generated by the converter.  My
knowlege in this area is limited so I've kinda given up on it.  Shame
really - the KD converter costs a bit ... :/

I swear I'm gonna get this TV out thing nailed some day and get the
perfect picture.  When using the interlaced svideo, it blurs.  When
using the component inputs, stuff flashes.

Arrgh!