[mythtv-users] Music player + gallery playback software bounty $100 for meeting requirments

Griffon -- bushibot at gmail.com
Thu Apr 28 17:32:29 UTC 2005

Yes it has been talked about a lot, probable suggesting that it's
highly desired by a lot of folks :).

This is the one thing I miss most from MCE.

I'll go so far as to offer a $100 software bounty out of my pocket to
anyone (payable via paypal please) who will write/add this feature to
the Myth music player (maybe via the visualizer?), or a whole new
module or gallery (I don't care that much as long as it works right).
It's not much cash compared to the time but maybe it will tip the
bucket and push somebody who has been thinking about doing it anyway
into action.

This bounty will go to the first person to meet the requirements and
release something stable and in good working order. This bounty will
remain open for Two months from today.

Features required:
On demand start playback of Gallery after starting music active que/play-list.
Have UI elements to adjust what is the start gallery folder.
Recursive lookup in gallery allowing pics in sub folders to play.
Have UI elements for random or ordered photo play settable
Allow GL transitions
Allow music song skip/next/back without interrupting photo playback.
Must be reasonable simple to install/add to current versions of Myth.
Lets say .17 and .18. Particularly KnopMyth (it's my bounty dam it and
I'm no rocket scientist with this stuff :) ).
All the current standard music playback operations must be supported
(random play, repeat/no repeat etc.)

Nice but not really required:
MP3 overlay tags in a corner at start and end of song Song, album,
artist (graphic). It's another MCE-ism but a nice touch.
Mapping certain play lists to certain gallery folders (ie starting
play list Will trigger a certain montage)

Feels like I'm missing something important but I'm drawing a blank.

This would IMHO take the music player to the next level.

I'm not on the dev alias, if somebody who is would like to cross post
this there I would appreciate it.

--
-Griffon