[mythtv-users] Firewire caputure issues

The Great Skeeve mythfan at gmail.com
Thu Apr 28 16:13:50 UTC 2005

Ok, I finally got the 6200 connected and reliably capturing using the
test-mpeg2 program.

In Myth I've got two different scenarios going on.

When I go to LiveTV on the tuner, sometimes I get a picture and other
times I don't. (if I manually tune via the 6200ch program before going
live it usually works)  When I do, things work fine (pause, ff, rew)
until I try to change the channel.  When I do, the frontend crashes.

Scheduled recordings don't work at all.  The backend creates a zero
length file and that's about it.

I''ve tried both point-to-point and broadcast modes for talking to the
firewire, with no difference in the behavior.

System specifics are:
Mythtv 0.18 + libiec + IVTV
Gentoo 2.6.11
Sempron 2800+ in an ECS VT600 MB (VIA chip set)
MX440 Nvidia (AGP 8x) using Xvmc
Avermedia M179

Any ideas?

     Skeeve