[mythtv-users] Will we be watching pictures with background music?

Dewey Smolka dsmolka at gmail.com
Thu Apr 28 14:27:23 UTC 2005

I've been using Myth for almost a year and just upgraded to .18 on FC3
from Knoppmyth R4V4 and A12. I am enormously pleased with it, and very
impressed with the advancements in features and the ease of control.

I use Myth Music very heavily and what I'd like is if Myth Music would
begin playing the active playlist as soon as mythfrontend starts, and
only stop if audio is needed for TV or video viewing or shut down
manually from the Listen to Music screen.

What I'd really like is if the Listen to Music screen would let you
send songs to a priority queue in the order you select them, play
through the queue, then when it's finished, revert back to the base
playlist.

I'm just an amateur and I don't even know what would be involved in
buiding this, but as someone who has Myth Music playing almost
constantly, it's a feature I would prize indeed.

I also dream of a way to do a live text ticker in a transparent
overlay for showing live updates of baseball games. Something like the
ESPN ticker, except I want it to show only baseball, and the current
situation in each game. Eg

     TAM 3 BAL 1 BOT 6  ^>  Out:1 AB:BAL M Tejada (.363) 1-3, K -
P:TAM S Kazmir (0-2 4.18) IP:6.1 W:3 K:4 ER:1   BAL: L Bigbie 1B; B
Roberts K; M Mora W, L Bigbie to 2b     -->  StL 4 NYM 6 TOP 7  .
Out:0 AB:StL S Rolen (.236) 2-3, 2b, RBI - P:NYM B Looper (1-1 4.50)
IP:0 W:0 K:0 ER:0  StL:    --> etc

Unfortunately, there aren't any reliable sources for this data in real
time that would be easy, or even possible) to pipe into a text feed.
Maybe someday . . .