[mythtv-users] Starting the HD3000 journey...again

P Milazzo pgm0203 at comcast.net
Thu Apr 28 03:03:05 UTC 2005

Kelly:

 > I Installed the linuxtv-dvb but when it loads up I get this in my
 > dmesg:
 >
 > Linux video capture interface: v1.00
 > cx2388x blackbird driver version 0.0.4 loaded
 > cx88[0]: Your board isn't known (yet) to the driver. You can
 > cx88[0]: try to pick one of the existing card configs via
 > cx88[0]: card=<n> insmod option. Updating to the latest
 > cx88[0]: version might help as well.

You may have a defective HD-3000. One of my two HD-3000 cards exhibited
exactly this problem while the other worked flawlessly. I tried the
cards individually and together in a variety of slots; the problem
always moved around with that card. When I described the problem to
pcHDTV they promptly furnished a replacement, and now I have two working
cards.

    - Paul