[mythtv-users] NON-HD Firewire Success and oddity

Andy Alsup aalsup at gmail.com
Wed Apr 27 18:51:19 UTC 2005

I'm using a 6200 in Seattle on Comcast on .18

I was surprised that the analog channels are output on firewire.  They
don't look great, but they're there.

I also get all the SD digital and HD channels.  I have not found any
channels that don't work, although there is some decoding problem with
ABC (KOMODT) where it plays about 50% speed.

I would assume that the cable company has complete control over what
channels are allowed to be output.  Might be that Cox is different
that way.  You might look in the <power><ok> diag screen to see what
Interface Status says when tuned to channels that don't work on
firewire.