[mythtv-users] How do i add dvb channels that mythtv fails to find?

Kelly navykel at gmail.com
Wed Apr 27 18:30:05 UTC 2005

On 4/27/05, Peter Andersson <peter at legio.mine.nu> wrote:
> I have scanned for channels with mythtv and i am missing three channels
> that i can find with the "scan" tool from linuxtv.org. Can i in some way
> add these channels manually to the database to enable them in mythtv?
> If so could anyone give a hint on how to do it?
>
> Thanks
>
> /Peter
>
> More details for those who (for some reason) are interested.
>
> System specs:
>
> DVB card: Nexus-CA with common interface, CAM etc
> DVB kernel modules: CVS from last week (sorry can't remember date)
> Mythtv: 0.18
>
> All missing channels are on the same transponder (37).
>
> Output from "scan":
>
> D.Civilisation:386000000:INVERSION_AUTO:6875000:FEC_NONE:QAM_64:4147:4403:1068
> Disc Tr&Liv:386000000:INVERSION_AUTO:6875000:FEC_NONE:QAM_64:4100:4356:1069
> Disc. science:386000000:INVERSION_AUTO:6875000:FEC_NONE:QAM_64:4101:4357:1070
>
> Mythtv finds other channels on this transponder but not these, i have
> tried to re-scan this transponder multiple times but with the same
> results. I have also unchecked the "display only free channels" option.
>
> Thats all i can think of right now, if you need more info let me know.
>
> /Peter

Peter,

You can try using the tool for database management:
http://www.phpmyadmin.net/home_page/index.php
It took me about 5 min to get it, install it and start using it.
If you need help getting it configured, email me directly and I'll help you out.

Once you have this up you can poke around and see what DVB is doing to
the channels you are getting and figure out what to insert to get the
ones you need working.

kel