[mythtv-users] Transcoding Questions - MPEG4 and Thumbnails

Jason McLeod anakin at sdf1.net
Wed Apr 27 15:14:13 UTC 2005

I've been running MythTV successfully now for about 18 hours :)  SO
SWEET!  Although I have a question about transcoding.

After transcoding my video, I don't see the files getting any
smaller.  The cut sections are definitely gone.  But the files don't
appear to have been converted to MPEG4.  A half hour show right now
is about 1.2 Gigs, so I'd like to be able to crunch that down a bit.

Also, is there a way to regenerate the png thumbnail after transcoding?

Setup:
MythTV 0.18
Fedora Core 3
Hauppauge PVR-150 w/ ivtv 0.3.3
Playback via XBox Media Center w/ MythTV plugin

-Jason

Blog: http://jason.sdf1.net
GPG Fingerprint:
anakin at sdf1.net - A6CC 40B4 99A4 1C08 55A7  BCFC ECDF ED68 115E 5993