[mythtv-users] Re: 403 forbidden when apt is connecting to freshrpms.net

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Wed Apr 27 10:25:19 UTC 2005

On Tue, Apr 26, 2005 at 10:52:43PM -0500, Pete wrote:
> Bradley Hennon wrote:
> >****snip****
> >Err http://ayo.freshrpms.net fedora/linux/3/i386/updates
> >system-config-display 1.0.24-1
> > 403 Forbidden

> >-I have wiped the machine and re-installed FC3.
> >-Can't install apt because "it is allready installed. "
> >-Can't remove apt because "it is allready installed".
> >-Removed the APT folder and forced an install using the rpm from the
> >freshrpms site and still receive the errors.
> >Tried YUM and also received a 403 forbidden.
> >

> >any help would be greatly appreciated. I am going to re-install FC3
> >for the third time and try apt without the atrpms-kiskcstart and see
> >what happens

> I think this is similar to what happened to me a while back. It seems
> that Axel has a guard on his site for bandwidth moochers,

Oh, no, freshrpms is an independent site, that I use for getting the
vendor's packages. It's host (heanet) was just broken.

I will setup vendor packages at ATrpms, too, to avoid such
dependencies on availability of external sites.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net