[mythtv-users] Status of MythTV in 64bit-FC_land

Brad Fuller bradallenfuller at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 27 03:23:47 UTC 2005

6 or so months ago, I put together an FC2-64 mythtv box. There were
problems with package dependencies and generally not all of mythtv was
available as 64-bit. I mostly built the basic mythtv part myself.
The box is still running and the only problem that I really have is that
I have a lot of broken packages.... but, knock on wood, it's usable, but
I really can't update it because of these issues.

Since I"m the proud owner of a HD-3000, I'd like to upgrade to FC3 ---
and still use the 64bit OS. I don't want to go to 32-bit, but it's no
big deal if I do..... just would like to keep experimenting with the
64-bit OS.

Is anyone successfully using the available 64-bit packages for all the
parts of mythtv today? I guess the question is: is the landscape
different today for 64-bit than it was 6-9 months ago? And if so, is it
as comfortable as 32bit-land?

brad